focused?

3080467370_415ffc48b9_large

"Set Your Eyes On Jesus"

This came from my asking my mentor all these questions about the future, such as,

"if God is all-knowing, wouldnt he know when we'd sin and not sin? so whats the point of resisting"
"if i dont conquer or overcome a certain sin by the time i die, will i go to heaven?"

All these have one thing in common. The Future. That was something i was dealing with. I kept looking at the future, thinking about where my struggles would be. But my mentor reminded me of one thing. To set our eyes on Jesus. Not the future, not the past, not others, not materialistic things, but Jesus and Christ alone.

Christ is the best example we can follow, thats why we should stay focused on him. He is the epitome of our faith and is love.

Struggles. Today's devo talked about sharing out sufferings. After reading it... i didnt fully understand, but here's my take on it.

Sufferings is something we all struggle with us. We face it everyday, throughout our lives, and the big question is "WHY DID GOD ALLOW SUFFERING TO HAPPEN?"

i think i've explained this previously, but its because God is usually trying to tell us something. To direct our focus to Him instead of another idol. Also, suffering brings growth. Think about it, trees and plants, after enduring the hard winds and storms, they grow to become stronger than ever. Just like the flu shots. We get it and we get sick sometimes, but it builds us for bigger flus that come our way.

As Christ followers, suffering WILL come our way as John 16:33 says,

33I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."

Why though? Because we follow Christ. The world is against Christ. We dont follow the ways of the world, of media, and society. Because we go against it, we arent liked for it. Like school i guess, if you're not wearing the latest trend, you're not cool or liked. Same idea. But just as the verse above says,

"Take Heart, I Have Overcome The World"

verse of the morning: John 15:19
19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

Comments

Popular Posts