Different Struggles, Same Results

Struggle_large

"When Im Weak, Im Strong"

Im currently going through a crisis (exaggerated). Long story short, my computer is dying on me. It says it has a virus.. things are lagging... i have to scan it for days, i feel horrible for wasting electricity for nights and nights, im tired of this lagging, and its the end of the semester, meaning ISUs and EXAMS, meaning COMPUTER IS NEEDED. This is the WORST time for this to break down on me. Im worried. Im scared. This is just an update on my life... for some, they may think it may apply to what im going to post today, but really? it isnt.

Difficulties, struggles and hardships i endure for the Lord will help build me. Exactly right? My computer breaking down "oh Lord why are you doing this to me, im suffering" but this isnt for the Lord. This is for myself. Selfishness = sin. Anyways, today's devo was about strength and weakness, and i guess in this situation... its of SOME help?

When do you experience difficulties and obstacles? probably everywhere right? At work, you face the worry of whether you'll succeed or not, at school you face the pressures of peers and impressing others. But not only problems at workplace and school, but with yourself. If you're struggling with homosexuality, or.. smoking, all these things are struggles.

Homosexuality is a great example. As Lady Gaga sings, "no matter Gay Straight or Bi, Lesbian, Transgender-life, you're on the right track baby you were Born This Way". But thats actually an incorrect statement. You arent BORN GAY. You actually do decide whether or not you become homosexual or not. There is no "gay gene" when you're born. Research has been done and its proven. Just because its your feelings that change, it doesnt mean you were born like that. Everyone feels differently. This is a hard one, because feelings do make an impact on your life. But these is a struggle we endure for the Lord. If you do face homosexuality, be prepared to face one of the hardest fights. The fight against your feelings. If you are TRULY a follower of Christ, you will fight AGAINST your feelings. This doesnt mean you will force yourself into loving someone of the different sex, but it means that you will not act upon your feelings. Having feelings is COMPLETELY normal, God intended it, it isnt a sin. Its when you act upon it. For instance, when you feel sad, you want to cut yourself, but sure and yes, everyone feels depressed or sad sometimes, but if you act upon it and do damage towards your body, thats a whole different story. This is just one of the many examples that show suffering for God.

When we're weak, God makes us stronger.
Through these struggles we realize that "i am not a goner".

Sufferings come from God to help us grow.
Be ready to fight against it and make it show.

Cry out to God in times of need and he will strengthen you.
Be humble, be willing, be strong, for He is with you too.

13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. - Philippians 4:13

We all individually deal with different hardships and struggles. But in the end, the outcome is the same. Strength. Motivation. Growth.

verse of the morning: 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Comments

Popular Posts