Sparking Good

Day 29
 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. - Philippians 1:6
Its a new week for the 40 Days in The Word, and this week's method is called "Personalize It! Pray it!". This method is also rather simple, it involves changing the verse so it is directed at you. Change it to first person, or put your name in it. The praying comes in when you turn it around to change it into a prayer back to God.

It really works, the first time I re-read the verse and put my name instead of "you", it felt completely different, and it did feel extremely personal to myself. It makes it that much more real, that much more current in today's time. Sometimes I think I take the bible for granted, and I take it as historical text, but it is so much more than that, it is timeless and it is the breathing, living Word of God. It remains and is true yesterday, today and tomorrow.

As for the verse, it tells us that the one that sparks good in us carries it to completion. In the same way, after we have been made good and right with God, we should be sparking good in others. But the most important part is carrying it out ourselves, living as changed people, not being hypocrites and going against what we say. It is so important that we live according to the Word, according to God's commands, and following him wholeheartedly.

Pray It! Lord, help me begin a good work in those around me. I pray that while I share your goodness and faithfulness to those around me, I don't stop following and obeying you and that I continue to strive for that holy, pleasing and righteous life. My life, my everything is yours. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts