Now, Not Later

Day 40
Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lordand who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither—whatever they do prospers. Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous. For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked leads to destruction. - Psalm 1
When I was reading this and personalizing it by putting my own name in it, it again had that touch of being so much more personal, and something I had realized is that I had to keep saying it in future tense because it wasn't true in the present or in the moment. I really have to push myself to start applying what i've learnt, and working out my salvation as my next step of faith. It isn't enough to just know and to hear, but one must listen and obey as well. I do not want to be like the wicked, like chaff that blows away, but I want to prosper and grow in Christ. I can't hold back anymore, I have to start now, not later.

My Prayer: Heavenly Father, may you help me to not stand, sit, or walk with the wicked, but to delight in your wonderful law instead. May you push me to learn and to grow so that I may prosper in your glory and plans for me. Thank you for watching over and loving me. Amen.

And that's a wrap for 40 Days in The Word!

Comments

Popular Posts