Day & Night

Day 38
Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lordand who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither—whatever they do prospers. Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous. For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked leads to destruction. - Psalm 1
S - is there a sin to confess?
P - is there a promise to claim?
A - is there an attitude to change?
C - is there a command to obey?
E - is there an example to follow?
P - is there a prayer to pray?
E - is there an error to avoid?
T - is there a truth to believe?
S - is there something to praise God for?


S - The sin here is if we are following the way of the wicked. So I ask myself, am I following the way of the righteous or the wicked? 

P - It says that those who meditate on the law will bear good fruit and that their plans will prosper (v.2-3)

A - Our attitude should be complete and full dedication to Christ in everything we do and say. Our minds must be set on Jesus and nothing else, let us not be distracted by media or what the world may be screaming in our ears.

C - Delight and meditate on the law of the Lord day and night.

E - N/A

P - I need to pray for wisdom to follow Him righteously. No temptation, no trial, no situation should take me away from my Saviour.

E - Avoid being like the wicked, for the wicked will perish. Do not walk with the wicked, stand in their way, or join the mockers (v.1), stand out and walk the path less taken.

T - The Lord guards the righteous, the wicked will perish (v.6).

S - Praise God for he is a just and fair God, separating the wicked from the righteous, and judging each of us accordingly.

After thinking about this passage and reading it more and more often, I've come to realize that God is trying to tell me to delight and meditate on his Word more and more. I have to admit, sometimes it's just a morning thing, and the Word of Life is closed on my bedside table until the next morning. But Psalm 1:2 tells us to read it day and night, always be thinking about it, whether if it is because it is memorized, or because I'm to be literally reading it. I know to do this, but sometimes I can bring myself to do it. I'll definitely try to push myself more to do it. By indulging in scripture, I will not be trapped by temptation, and not fall away; bearing good and righteous fruit, prospering in everything I do by God's love and grace.

My Prayer: Lord, I pray for peace in my heart. I pray that I can dwell in your word more and more so that I may bear good fruit. You've told us that the wicked will perish. Thank you for saving me from this eternal punishment. I want to live for you. Grant me the wisdom to think of righteous things and strength to overcome temptation. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts