Press On

Day 32
12 ...I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. - Philippians 3:12b
Sometimes we fall short of God's glory, and we fail to be perfect, but that's okay. We are flawed beings, but we should always be working towards being more godly, towards leading a righteous and holy life. God has not given up on us after all those times we failed him and we also should not give up on him too. The verse tells us to strive for that perfection, and when we do that, it's the clearest sign of a devoted follower.

It's difficult sometimes. It's hard to wrap my mind around someone who loves me no more, no less when I have broken their heart countless times. I don't deserve his love, he could leave me whenever he wants, he has all the reasons to be angry at me, but Christ continues to reach his hand out to me. Sometimes it even gets to the point where I don't want to reach back because I've just been so wrong and unfaithful. But his arms are always open wide, ready for my embrace and return.

Sin must be stopped, must be put to death. We don't take it seriously enough and we really should start to. It leads us down a path towards eternal death and punishment. Our mindset of taking it lightly shows that we aren't following God wholeheartedly. We have to deny ourselves, our sinful selfs, our corrupted thoughts and our ungodly actions, to follow Him. It's black and white. One way or another.

My Prayer: Precious Father, I ask for strength to press on. A thousand times i've failed but your mercy remains. Every time I fall down, you help me up, you love and forgive me even though I have broken your heart endlessly. Help me do what is right and pleasing to your name. You have reached out to me as a father and a loving Saviour. Let me not ignore you or turn away. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts