Crumbling

Day 33
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:6-7
I woke up today feeling like everything in my life was crumbling before me. Almost every aspect of my life seems to be falling apart. For one, I don't have a confirmed summer job at the moment compared to before, and i'm back on the hunt, hoping I can find some sort of income to help pay for my tuition, as well as have something to do for the summer. On the other hand, today is day one of exam week, and I have no idea if my study methods are effective. Lastly, I literally have about 10 days left here in Guelph and its definitely really bittersweet to say goodbye (for now). I much rather school and the community here than a four month summer without. Everything just seems so unpredictable and unconfirmed. But the passage reminds me to go to God, trusting him in all things.

I think I'm starting to realize the true battle of faith here too, when all seems lost, your faith can be gone in a second, but to hold firmly to something that hasn't been say scientifically proven, is extremely difficult. But that's why its called faith, and its another true test to see if you will stand through all of it.

But again I am reminded, even in this time of uncertainty, rejoice (Philippians 4:4). There will always be a reason to rejoice even if I ended up with nothing. There is a loving God who watches over me. He sent his son to die for me and my sins. I am alive and breathing. There is so much to be joyful and thankful for.

My Prayer: Lord, I ask that your peace come and guard my heart and my mind. I need you to dwell in me, calm me and remind me of how great you are. You are in control of all things and I can trust you. Let me not be anxious but be prayerful instead. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts