The Vine. The Branches.


He is the Vine.
We are the Branches.

God planted each of us and made each of us as branches connected to the vine. He supplies us with what we need, but we can easily attract "infections" or "bad nutrients" that come into us and corrupts us. This would be sexual immorality, envy, drunkenness, perversion, etc... all this ruins the branch and sucks the good out of it. If God sees a branch connected to him that isnt being used for good, it will be pruned. If he keeps it there, it will continue sucking up "good" nutrients that can easily be wasted. Therefore pruning is needed.

The life of a Christian after accepting our Lord goes through 2 main stages. TRIALS. and PRUNING. (i learnt this in sunday school) Trails would be the strong winds and storms God puts us through to test our strength or to strengthen us. While pruning would be God taking out all the bad in us. It can be people, it can be things, it can be habits, anything that may hinder us from seeing God and following God, he will prun. It will hurt, but he's doing it for the good.

verse of the night: John 15:1-8
1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

Comments

Popular Posts