Strengthened

Day 6
13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Philippians 4:13 (NKJV)
"I" - myself, alone
"do" - complete, finish and execute
"all things" - all meaning literally everything
"through Christ" - with God by my side
"strengthens" - gives me power and ability"
"me" - I cannot do it alone

It's interesting how this verse is laid out, both the beginning and end have the same word (in a sense) but they mean two different things from the start compared to the end. When we are first reading the verse, "i" is talking about yourself, self efforts, but as we go through it, we are strengthen by Christ, and through his love and power, the "me" at the end is not just yourself anymore, but yourself with Christ. It's almost like the act of accepting Christ into your life. I was once alone and unable, but now with Christ I am able.

God provides once again. After yesterday's crazy day, it ended with a bit of mixed feelings. After letting it settle in, the excitement disappeared. I prayed and asked God to give me one more confirmation, that last push. I was still hesitant on taking the job. I know I probably will at the end, but there's one last step before im out the door. Im scared that I wont be able to do it, living alone, problems I'll run into (what if i run over a baby giraffe by accident). I dont feel ready enough to take such a leap of faith, but God tells me right here in this verse that all things can be done through Christ our Saviour and Lord. He will lead and guide me through all the obstacles that lay ahead in the distance. Im not going through this experience alone. There will be people with me, I'll make new friends, I'll grow in ways I would never have imagined, this is an opportunity of a lifetime and a gracious blessing from above. God is good.

My Prayer: Abba Father, I'm scared and hesitant. This one decision has a lot tagged onto it and I dont think I can do it alone. But you God, are beside me, you hold me, uplifting me above all troubles in all circumstances. May you supply me with strength to carry on, wisdom to remember your faithfulness and courage to face what lies ahead. You are a forever loving God and I praise you with all my strength. Amen.

Comments

  1. Every success is 100% by man + 100% by God.
    At least we need to try our best to do our part. The other part let God to
    do His way. He may open the door, he may close it as He wishes. Remember the Red Sea story, they walked across the sea with the water wall aside. Even the path has showed to us, we still need faith to walk through it.

    If we just stop here and wait, we never can see the amazing work of our Abba Father.
    Have faith to keep walking, it is not easy but you have a life time long to learn, cause He allows!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts