100% and More

Day 19

While he was in Bethany, reclining at the table in the home of Simon the Leper, a woman came with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, made of pure nard. She broke the jar and poured the perfume on his head. Some of those present were saying indignantly to one another, “Why this waste of perfume? It could have been sold for more than a year’s wages and the money given to the poor.” And they rebuked her harshly. “Leave her alone,” said Jesus. “Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me. The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me. She did what she could. She poured perfume on my body beforehand to prepare for my burial. Truly I tell you, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.” - Mark 14:3-9

S - is there a sin to confess?
P - is there a promise to claim?
A - is there an attitude to change?
C - is there a command to obey?
E - is there an example to follow?
P - is there a prayer to pray?
E - is there an error to avoid?
T - is there a truth to believe?
S - is there something to praise God for?


S - I think I often hold back and dont give God my best. In this passage, im reminded of what God truly deserves, like that perfume that's worth a year's wages, that isnt enough but it just shows how much God should mean to us. I know for sure I dont give him my all sometimes.

P - You will be remembered for what you did for God (v.9). Things like success, status, fame and fortune will all pass, but what you do for you God is eternal.

A - There must be an attitude of sacrifice, willing to give all he is worth, in a genuine, loving manner. Nothing is ours, it all belongs to Him.

C - Give God 100% and more to the Lord.

E - The example of the woman is to be followed. She gave something that is worth so much to Christ. No hesitation, just by faith and with a willing heart, she gave it up. I know if I were in her place, I would be doubting what I was about to do, thinking of everything else I could have done with it for my own good, but that's not in the question anymore, it's all for God's glory.

P - Pray for a giving and selfless heart, to God, to the poor, and to all those around us.

E - I think the problem is not realizing how amazing God is, not recognizing his worth, greatness and power. When we come to terms to that and see it, we are able to give freely.

T - N/A

S - Praise God for being as great as he is and for blessing us even though we are broken and weak.

All things are to be for his glory and his glory alone. Every breath, word, action, and thought should be done with God in mind. I need to realize his greatness in my life, in the universe. He gave up everything for us, and granted all things to us, what is so important in our lives that we cannot give up for him? Nothing.

My Prayer: Heavenly Father, you deserve everything. Much more than Im giving you right now. You gave everything to and for me, even your one and only son. All I have and all i am is yours alone. Create in me a heart of selflessness and giving. All glory be to God. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts