Trials of Many Kinds

Day 22
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. - James 1:2-4
It's a new week for 40 Days in the Word, which means there's a new method of scripture study to practice. This week it's called "Paraphrase It!" which I found is something I was already applying in the first week. The method is simple, you re-read the verse/passage over and over until you truly understand it and can paraphrase it. It helps support your understanding of the Word, therefore anchoring it deeper and deeper into your life. 

"be joyful when we are given trials from the Lord because our faith is strengthened and perseverance us built for future trials. Through our perseverance and faith, we grow in Christ, in spiritual maturity and strength."

In this moment, I don't see any big trials that God has placed in my life, but reading this passage is a great reminder, but also sounds like the calm before the storm. I think God is about to bring me another wave of difficulties, but I'm excited to see how I grow and will be stretched this time around, the past year with all the obstacles i've faced, i think i almost want trials because its the most amazing thing to see how God works. 

I think it is most difficult for anyone to "consider it pure joy" when they are facing a trial. We are often frustrated and anxious, and its hard to find joy in such negative circumstances. I think that's something I need to keep working on and be reminded that you can find joy in the Lord, in all circumstances and situations, good or bad. I encourage you to practice and apply that as well when you are working through your troubles.

My Prayer: Heavenly Father, we don't like trials; they're difficult and frustrating but we still thank you for them. It is only through such obstacles we can grow in our faith and develop our maturity as we learn to trust and rely on you. Continue to bless us with such trials and tribulations. May we remember that you have overcome the world victoriously already. Amen. 


Comments

Popular Posts