Whatever Happens,


Day 2
27 Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. - Philippians 1:27a
I have also found it helpful to digest the Word by replacing words with synonyms, to get a better feel for the overall verse and passage and what it is trying to say. Whatever happens, regardless of the circumstance or situations, let us conduct and behave ourselves, no matter what we say or what we do, in a manner, in such a way that is worthy of the gospel. The gospel has great and infinite worth, let us live a life as worthy that reflects Christ and the gospel itself.

As I explained previously in my post, im in a tough situation this week, dealing with decisions, considerations, and patience, im really relying on God and the Spirit to speak to me, and i think this passage is a good reminder that "whatever happens", no matter the situation or outcome, that God is in control. That I am to live a life for Christ, reflecting his love and characteristics as a light to those around me. Paul says here that we are to live for the gospel no matter what happens. It really shows that in all scenarios, we are to have Christ and God at the forefront of our minds. He is superior and is worthy of all things. I hope I can remember that and apply that in this time of uncertainty.

Its interesting, looking at my past few posts that a few of them are talking about "in all circumstances" or "regardless of circumstances", it is a constant theme that is re-occuring my daily devotions. I hope I can truly learn to trust in Him and know he is faithful and good.

My Prayer: Lord, whatever situations you may place before me, good or bad, big or small, let me be reminded of how I should live and conduct myself, living a life worthy of you and the gospel. Help me engage and dwell in you and your word; may it supply me with peace and joy regardless of whatever circumstance. May God be the glory forever, Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts