Freedom


In Christ, there is freedom.

Colossians 2 talks about freedom from human regulations through life in Christ. When we have truly accepted Christ as our Lord and Saviour, we must continue to live in Him, rooted in Him, and be strengthened in our faith (v.6-7). Christ is pure and holy, and in him, there is no sin. As followers, we have to put off our sinful nature, whatever it may be, and learn to put on the new self Christ has given us (v.11-13). He loves us so much that if we do put off our sin, and confess, he takes away all our wrongs, and he has done so by nailing it to the cross through his son Jesus Christ.

We cannot serve both God and Man. And the struggles we face, must be given to God. We ourselves are limited and cannot overcome it just by self-effort. We need God to change our hearts, break us down and help us realize his grace, his love and his power for us. All our sinful desires and acts ultimately lead us down the road to death, to eternal punishment in hell.

We are lost. We are broken. We are flawed human beings. It is only through Christ we will find true joy, true freedom, and life. I know that I personally need God to change me from the inside out. All my self-efforts have gotten me no-where. I have to learn to look to Christ and seek him above all things. He is the only way I can break free from my bondage, from the chains of sin that hold me down. And I hope you can do the same.

verse of the day: Colossians 2:6-7
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught,and overflowing with thankfulness.

Comments

Popular Posts