Metamorphosis

Day 3
13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. - Philippians 2:13 (NLT)
The technique "Pronounce It" encourages and recommends that you read the verse several times, and every time to focus on a specific word. Each time, I read it with an emphasis on a word it really stood out to me, and I thought more than just what the word meant, but how it was said.

"working" - this is in present tense, God has been, is, and will continue to work in your life. He's doing that right now.
"giving you" - what is he working on? he is giving, granting and gifting us something. He is such a gracious and wonderful God, giving and blessing us with so much.
"desires" - the urge, the want,
"power" - and the ability to execute
"what pleases him" - he gives us the urge and ability to glorify Him. He equips us well for his task and his will, not leaving us empty-handed. He is a considerate and a responsible God.

God is always working in you and me. I think often times we feel like we're alone and abandoned in life, feeling like God is far away or doesn't care, but this verse tells us simply and straight-forward that he is working in us, in this moment right now. We also must let him into our lives, or else he cannot work in us. God stands beside us, he dwells within us and is guiding our lives constantly towards an ultimate purpose. I think I have to continue to trust Him, and more importantly, discern his work in and for me by indulging in scripture and prayer, knowing He is working for my good. He is constantly working and changing us from the inside, changing our hearts that will ultimately change our thoughts, actions and words.

My Prayer: Lord, thank you for loving me and keeping me in mind since the very beginning. You're constantly working in my life, for both my good and yours. Help me learn to let go and to let you guide me towards your desires, granting me your power so I can do what pleases you. May I ask you to continue to dwell in my heart and in my life. May I come to realize your greatness, and may I come to fear your majesty. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts