Regardless of Circumstance

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace,seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. - Colossians 4:2-6
The final chapter of Colossians is a quick wrap up from Paul, where he sends his greetings and final instructions. It's very similar to the instructions he has sent previously, although it may seems repetitive, it is always a constant reminder and reinforcement to how we should live for Christ, and how to remain in his presence.

As I think about it more and more, I begin to realize how much more I need to apply this into my life. Im currently in a situation with mixed feelings, with a job opportunity im hesitant to take. I dont know if im ready to take such a big step, living alone, being completely independent, and taking on life, real life. But as Paul reminds me, to devote myself to prayer, and to be thankful. God is a sovereign God who works everything for me good. I should continue to pray, discerning his will and just be thankful and rejoice in the opportunities he has granted me.

Paul is a very optimistic person. Even in chains he is ready and able to proclaim the gospel (v.3). Similarly, no matter what circumstance we are placed in, we should be willing to speak and share the message. Whether I am away from home or at work, whatever it may be, Paul also relates it back to the gospel for it is the foundation of our faith.

Making the most of every opportunity (v.5). Every moment you get in life is a chance to encounter the kingdom of God. Saturday Night Alive 2013 is happening tonight, and its a major in-front-of-your-face opportunity for you to invite or just for you to see and get to know something new. It's nothing forced on you, just a different perspective on life we'd like you to be open to. If you're in town, and got nothing to do tonight, come on down to RHCCC and check out the program! Doors open at 6:30.

verse of the day: Colossians 4:18
18 I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand. Remember my chains. Grace be with you.

Comments

Popular Posts