Onward

Day 4
I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. - Philippians 3:12b
"pressing on" - to continue and carry through with, not giving up and pushing forward
"take hold" - hold firmly, keep close
"that" - im not exactly sure what they mean by "take hold of THAT"
"Christ Jesus took hold of me" - his embrace, security and assurance

To keep this verse in context, Paul was talking about being imperfect, how he doesnt fully know all of Christ, doesnt fully understand the power of the resurrection, hasnt fully become like him in his death (v.10). But he remains encouraged to "take hold of that" and to "press on", not to give up just there. He says to take hold like Christ took hold. And as we know, Christ is perfect and everlasting. He loves and holds us forevermore, and I think we in the same manner, should hold firmly to the strive towards righteousness in a sense of "forevermore", we are to do as Christ did.

We are to press on towards a life of love, unity, forgiveness, righteousness and holiness. We are ultimately followers of Christ who should live as he lived, and reflection his nature to those around us. In the same manner, this again easily applies to my situation with my jobs. I am to press on, no matter what the outcome us, that I press on the please God in no matter what I do. Christ holds my life together, he has pieced my life together and I am only going through it, seeing his power and majesty.

There are been great snowfall here lately, and God has placed each snowflake with such detail to outline the trees and his creation. In the same manner he has also assigned every bit and piece of our lives accordingly to his almighty plan. Let us press on, because what's to come is good and is only supplied by our heavenly Father.

My Prayer: Almighty God, you have taken hold of me, embraced, surrounded and secured me. May you reassure me of your strength, your plan and your faithfulness. We are imperfect beings, but we strive towards glorifying you and towards bringing you honor and praise. Provide me with guidance to press on until the very end so you may say "well done, good and faithful servant" (Matthew 25:23). Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts