A Prayer for You


14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. - Ephesians 3:14-21

This is the second half of the chapter, and entitled "A Prayer for the Ephesians", i think it can easily be changed to "A Prayer for You" and me. When we pray, it is a time for us to communicate to God, with praise, by crying out, or a call for help. When we pray we are speaking to the Lord of Lords, the King of the Universe, and the best part is, we have his full attention. Sometimes I feel like when i pray, my prayer is being sent to heaven, when the truth is, he's listening right beside me. In the passage, there are a few things Paul wants us to pray for.

Strength (v.16).
As human beings, we are very limited. We cannot understand everything, there are things out of our control and there are things that we simply cannot do alone. But with the power of God and by drawing strength from Him and his word, we are reassured that his will be done. For instance, sharing your faith with someone else, we need confidence and reassurance to share, and even when we do, we need God's work to change that person's heart to encounter God.

Christ's dwelling in our hearts (v.16)
As followers and committed believers, Christ should be in our heart, and scripture should be at the forefront of our minds. We need to constantly reminded to have Christ in our heart. So many times, our list of priorities change, from materialism, to academics, to relationships, but at the end of the day, our faith and our Lord should be taking that top spot.

Understand God's Love for us (v.18).
God is love. I personally still have not realized his love for us, and as it says in the verse, how wide, long, high and deep is his love. The fact that someone died for me. The fact that someone thought of me before I existed. The fact that this creator knit me with his own hands. The fact that someone loves me so much they are willing to take on my burden and my punishment onto his own life. It still doesn't hit me how much God loves me to do that. But I know that God is a good God, he does all things for good, and everything is a blessing and a gift from Him, for his glory and for our own benefit.

Filled with the fullness of God (v.19).
Like as said as before, we should be filled with God's love and spirit, let him into your life and share with him everything. He is a almighty and powerful God who can overcome anything. Let him guide you and take you to an eternity of satisfaction. Fill yourself with our creator who loves us.

verse of the day: Ephesians 3:20-21
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts