looking back


From Epharas, we move on to Colossae. Paul writes the letter Colossians concerning the people of Colossae. Although he has been told that they have been holding on to their faith, they have been teaching against the gospel. So Paul hopes that this letter will help strengthen and guide them back to Christ.

As I read Colossians 1, there was this odd feeling because the passage stood out so clearly as if I have read it before or something. Going back through my blog, I realized that it was this text that started my scripture chapter-by-chapter studies. It has been almost five months since that started and it is interesting and reflect and see how far i've gone. The passage tells us to live a life worthy of the Lord, bearing fruit, growing in scripture, being thankful and patient, enduring all things (v.10-12). Quickly thinking about it, I think parts of me have developed in those areas. I have learnt to be more prayerful and thankful, integrating Christ more and more into my life. At the same time, my scripture studies have helped me grow, but lately I feel like they have not been as impacting as before, something seems to be stunting me. I have talked about the first portion of the chapter HERE.

Paul continues after verse 14 about the supremacy of Christ. I think we all tend to easily forget the greatness and the power of our God. He created all things, he has authority over all things and he holds all things together. He is a sovereign saviour who watches over each and every detail in our lives. It definitely takes time to wrap our minds around this concept, but once we do realize that our God is supreme, we can easily learn to trust and submit to Him. When we are reconciled with Christ, we are made holy and without blemish in his sight.

verse of the day: Colossians 1:9-12
For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, 10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, 12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. 

Comments

Popular Posts