In All Circumstances


Paul gives several different hints and pieces of advice we can take from Philippians 4. As I read along through the passage, several verses stuck out, but towards the end, Paul talks about how we should act no matter the circumstances, he uses words like "always", meaning it is a continuous act.

Rejoice in the Lord always (v.4). 
Be joyful at all times. God is a good God who will only do good for you. He blesses, he watches over, he guides and sustains us. He will never do anything that is bad for you. Although we go through rough and difficult times, they have a good purpose hidden in them. Are you able to rejoice in times of suffering?

Dont be anxious, but by prayerful and thankful (v.6).
We will definitely go through times of stress and anxiety throughout our lives. In fact, I myself am struggling as I attempt to apply and find for jobs in the summer. Sometimes things do get frustrating and discouraging, but Paul reminds us to pray and thank God for what he's given me. I'm trying to fully trust Him, knowing he has a plan for me, waiting to watch it unravel. How great is your faith in God?

Think of noble, right, pure, lovely, and admirable things (v.8).
As we strive to be like Christ, we must have the same mindset and attitude as Him. He is a God of no sin, or purity and righteousness, let us imitate that by thinking of the same things. Let us not intoxicate our minds with sinful and negative thoughts. Focus our eyes on Christ and seek his goodness.

Apply what you have learnt/read in scripture (v.9).
So many times, I read the scripture and I take in what it takes me, but I never truly learn to apply it. Reading it is only half of it, you must apply to really see it happen. It's like listening compared to hearing. When you hear it, it just goes in one ear and out the other, similar to how we usually read our textbooks, but when you listen, it sinks it and you obey and execute what you have heard.

Be content in all circumstances (v.13).
In plenty or in want, let us be happy with what we have. Im slowly beginning to realize all the blessings I have been given from God, nothing I have is anything I have earned or deserved, it is all because of where God placed and took me because of his love. I'm learning to become more and more thankful for everything, simple and complex. From another day to live, to job responses. If you trust Him, he will supply you with all your needs.

verse of the day: Philippians 4:19

19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

Comments

Popular Posts