nothing to something.

Ever since planning SNA this year for December, the message we were conveying really stuck in my head. The overarching message was that everything is meaningless. Everything fades, from relationships to materialistic things, that all things will fail us and that we are putting our hope in the wrong things. We should put our faith and hope in Lord Jesus Christ because he lives, and he's promised to love us back, unconditionally and eternally. We should put our hope in something worth putting our hope into. Knowing God will never fail and will never fade assures us that this is the right choice.

After thinking that through, i keep thinking, why are we doing this then? Whats the point, of getting these academics, going to university, getting that degree that'll fade, working to have a career, why can't we just give up on this?

I said that during our devotions last night at AGAPE and my counsellor gave me an answer that really got me thinking and really answered my question. He started with a story. Saying that one time on the street a friend said to another, "how can i help this homeless man?", and the friend responded with nothing at the moment, but you can work hard, study hard until you have a position of influence to then help this man.

I think this whole time i've just been thinking about myself. Where does all this take me, how will it benefit me. But from what i got out of it, its completely different. God gave us talents and gifts and passions, for instance, mine is Wildlife Biology, and he's also given us opportunities and privileges, if you can read this, you have internet, and if you're going to university, you are a part of 2% of the richest people in the world. God's granted us education, and its with this, the passion, the opportunities for us to work hard to help others. Not so you can get a good job a good pay a good car and a good house, but to be in a position of influence to help others.

verse of the day: Jeremiah 29:11
11For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Comments

Popular Posts