change is coming.


Watching Glee tonight, it's extremely relevant at the moment because the kids at McKinly High are graduating, and they're basically going through the phase at the same time as us. As they await their university responses, as they plan and start to prepare to move out, as they say their final goodbyes and go their separate ways. Tonight's episode really helped me realize the change that was coming and how unprepared I was.

I felt like I am somewhat prepared. I know where i want to go next year, and I'm excited to move out. Like I said in previous posts, all the academic portions I'm prepared and ready to go with, but with friends, family, relationships and people, I'm not ready to say my final goodbyes. I can't help but to think of what the last moment with the people of this stage of life will be like. What will happen our last time, everyone together. I cannot bear to think of how life will be like in a new environment with new people.

Although these people aren't completely gone and cut from my life, but its very probably that certain people will fade, and only the true friends will remain. Who? Maybe people I want, maybe people that will surprise me. Whether or not i like it, this change is coming.

God has a plan. This is something that is very reassuring for me. That he has a perfect and better plan already being incorporated. But as excited I am to see it, and watch it unravel, i know that parts of it do not consist of what I want. For instance, this specific friend, or this particular situation. So I'm scared, while at the same time I'm excited.

What I can do now, is live in the moment and truly treasure all God has blessed me with here and now and continue to move forward from there. The change is coming, most possibly faster than i want.

verse of the day: Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 

Comments

Popular Posts