mistakes, not failure.


Everyone makes mistakes, and everyone isn't perfect. We've all fallen short of God's glory. But although we make these mistakes, and stumble, we cannot admit failure.

Today was another embarrassing worship session for me. I always seem to somehow mess up on stage, and make a fool of myself. Do i save it well? I don't know, but today during a particular song, i was in the moment and thought the song was over, but apparently it was just the interlude, they played longer, and then i realized it was the chorus again. I go to sing again, but then they die down, and i assume its the end of the song, only to realize its not. So I sing the ling really oddly, say "SORRY" and keep going. Mistakes. They're acceptable, but i can't admit failure and just walk off the stage. I just laughed it off. Whats best was that I could look out into the congregation, and see my friends smiling back at me, and i couldn't help but feel reassured, and smile as well.

Many times, we get the vibe that following Christ means perfection, that we have to 100% holy and righteous, can't have any slip ups, but thats a misunderstanding. God knows we can't be perfect, but that doesn't mean we should just give up and stop altogether. Instead, we should strive for it. God knows when you're trying, so persevere!


verse of the day: Proverbs 24:16
16 
for though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again,    but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes.

Comments

Popular Posts