more than just pain,



12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice in as much as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. 14 If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. 15 If you suffer, it should not be as a murderer or thief or any other kind of criminal, or even as a meddler. 16 However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name. 17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 And,
   “If it is hard for the righteous to be saved,
   what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?”
 19 So then, those who suffer according to God’s will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.

1 Peter 4:12-19

Suffering. We constantly have obstacles we face, whether we like it or not. This past week was definitely not one of my best weeks. Im so glad that i pulled through. I don't know how this upcoming week will be like, but my head is up high and I'm ready to start it off right.

Everyone is always questioning suffering. Why God allows it. Why we have to go through it. As Christians, i've learnt that its a trial for good. God has a greater plan and a lesson to teach us through it. I guess for myself, this week taught me a few things.

First to cry out to God. We talked about this in sunday school today too. When Jonah was in the belly of the fish, it was only when he finally submitted himself to Christ and cried out was when God answered. We often, too often go to friends and others first before God. We should always be going to God first. Last weekend, i was ready to give up, but crying out to God reassured me. Through his Word, through music and worship, and through friends. God hears you. But its when you fully give yourself to him, finally realizing that you cannot do anything more, you're helpless and are in need of a greater power. I think thats a general lesson from suffering. Knowing you can't do it alone and you need the help of Christ.

Also i've learnt about reminders. Watching that video, "I Am God's Original Masterpiece". I've constantly been repeating that to myself, constantly telling myself that I'm not junk. God doesn't make junk. I think in times of tribulation, you need to really listen for God. That video was exactly what i needed to hear to get through the rough patch, it may not necessarily be the same message for you, but there's something out there if you're willing to seek it.

God grants us these pains ultimately for growth and for character. Rejoice in your suffering. (v.13) This is still difficult for many people to understand. How can I be happy that I'm in pain? You're happy because you know that God will nurture you with these trials to strengthen you. Sometimes, i don't know what I'm saying, but i pray to Christ saying "thank you for giving these struggles, i don't know why and what you're trying to teach me but I'm willing to learn."

Don't be ashamed that you're going through these things. (v.16) I've learnt that you are never alone in your struggle. Everyone has their own package of pains and worries, we're just in a world that has adapted to hiding these flaws well because its looked down upon. I can confidently say that I'm going through many trials. I hope that i can use these trials to help others, to inspire others, and inform others that I'm fighting through it, and you shouldn't give up.

Yes, i completely agree. Suffering is hard, its tough, i don't like it, no one does, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. God has reasoning for this. Whether you see it or you don't, learn to put your trust in him knowing that he will give you whats best for you. Let us continue to push forth, committing our lives to Christ, continue to reflect his love and life and doing good. (v.19)

came across this article. take a look!

verse of the day: 1 Corinthians 10:13
13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Comments

Popular Posts