the rainbow in the sky.


simple and sweet gestures
small or big
can turn one's upside down day,
right side up.

today was a pretty dull day, with the horrible weather, the wet and windy walk to school, the drag of friday and school when its June, and just being tired in general, what a drag. I wasn't the happiest either because of the negative thoughts racing through my mind, over thinking everything and everyone, but, things change.

i've recently started to learn that there are sparks in this life that bring twists to life, some for the better, and some for the worst. Today, it was for the better. I was leaving the school, and right before i walked out the door, i hear my name being called, so i turn around to see one my best friends come running. I was surprised at first, what he needed me for, why he was calling my name, and when i asked it was simply "because i wanted to say goodbye". As simple and sweet as that, being known that i was thought of was enough for my day to twist 180 degrees. Even though i had to walk home in the rain afterwards, i was able to walk home with a genuine smile on my face.

God should do that for you as well. Life is rather meaningless, dull, before knowing Christ. There are times where life is dull, where hope is lost, and the sun is hidden behind the clouds, but when Christ comes into our lives, sometimes like that a surprise, a call from behind, or sometimes slow and steadily, but when he comes in, our lives will change. Probably a bit more than just a simple smile, but he should bring joy into our lives and give us new found hope in heaven and eternal life.

We always enjoy those surprises we get that make our day, but this surprise, this event will make and change your life. You want it?

verse of the day: Galatians 2:20
20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God,who loved me and gave himself for me.

Comments

Popular Posts