play on,


i absolutely love being inspired and moved, provoked to think during my day, and exactly that happened tonight.

stranded at church, i was sitting with a couple of friends, just there, waiting. I tried calling home, i tried calling mom, no one picked up, and then my phone died, so being there with nothing to do, i literally just sat there. one of my friends, man i don't understand how he had any motivation or energy to do all this, he went from playing the drums, to playing the piano, but what was the most significant was playing with a volleyball.

after a long and tiring day, after playing with water balloons, playing ultimate frisbee, he played with this volleyball for a good extra 40 mins. non-stop. As i was siting and observing, he went from trying to shoot it from mid-court, to keeping it up, but he never stopped. so many times he shot, and missed, shot and missed. Even earlier, he was trying to throw a frisbee into a basketball net. After several and countless tries, it missed, it hit the backboard, and i even said "okay its time to get realistic, you're not going to get it in." He kept going. and he kept going. And guess what, he actually got it in, surprise surprise.

after while playing with the volleyball, i honestly was blown away. he was playing alone, he shot, it rolled away, he walked to retrieve it, returned to the same spot to attempt it again, and the cycle repeated. countless times. how does someone have so much motivation to keep going. I know i would have given up after 5 shots or so. He did this for a good 40 mins. halfway through the duration, he finally got it in, and he turned to me, smiled, tried the other net, got it in, turned to me and smile. I was extremely impressed.

thats what got me thinking. thats like the life we have on earth. I can most definitely relate to it. We fail, so frequently. There are times where things are just not going out way, missing every shot we take, it gets tedious, we want to give up, but if we keep trying, there will eventually be success. These trials we get are all from above. Don't expect yourself or anyone else to be perfect. We're human, we sin, we stumble and we fall. But with God's love and power, we can pick ourselves up again, knowing God is a loving and forgiving God, that he will give us the strength to carry through and get that ball in.

verse of the day: Revelation 3:21
21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Comments

Popular Posts