my rock, my refuge.


The past day or two, i came across this bible verse that really stuck out to me, but today it really came into play. I think its my new life verse. I feel comforted, i feel assured, and I'm filled with joy when i read it.

16 But I will sing of your strength, 
    in the morning I will sing of your love; 
for you are my fortress, 
    my refuge in times of trouble.
17 You are my strength, I sing praise to you;
    you, God, are my fortress,
    my God on whom I can rely.
Psalm 59:16

First off, praising God all day, everyday. I will SING of your strength. I absolutely love singing, and expressing myself with my voice. I believe God gave me this gift because he knew i would have a passion for it. Each day, we should be "singing" or praising God for his strength, for his love for us.

In times of trouble, during life's great storms, God is the rock that grounds us, he is so much greater, so much stronger, he is our refuge in times of weakness. Whether if you're worried, stressed, or lost, hold on to Christ. He will lead you through. Im currently going through a really unstable situation right now with a few things in university. Im terrified. But i feel much more calm and reassured knowing God has a path made for me.

What's troubling you? Whats on your mind?
Give it up to God. He will take care of it.

On a side note. Happy Father's Day. I thank the Lord for a Father who loves and cares for me, provides and supports. Although our relationship is not the best, he's definitely been an influence and impact on my life. Not only my father on earth, but my father above. His unconditional, vast, unending love for me is all i need. He knows, he loves, he provides, he is faithful. Here yesterday, today and tomorrow. God is good all the time.

verse of the day: 1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 

Comments

Popular Posts