behind the words.


Im most definitely sure God was talking to me during band practice today. We tried something new, we decided to go through each song and talk about what its truly saying, because most of the time (and I'm guilty of this too), we sing it because we sing it. Its half-hearted worship, we're just singing the song and we're don't truly understand and know what we're saying/singing. God deserves whole-hearted worship, and its only when we truly sing the lyrics is when we can pour out our heart and soul to him.

10 000 Reasons
"whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me, let me be singing when the evening comes."
"on that day when my strength is failing, the end draws near and my time has come, still my soul will sing your praise unending"
Im in another down phase at the moment, crappy and dreading week, but tonight we were talking about it, and i was reminded that even though in times of disappointment, of failure, where life just seems like a thunder storm that won't go away, yet we still have 10 000 more reasons to praise God and thank Him for his love and grace. No matter how the day starts or ends, we have a Father above who cares for us and has blessed us with more than we could imagine.


You Hold Me Now
"no weeping, no hurt or pain, no suffering, you hold me now"
"in this life, i will stand, through my joy and my pain, knowing there's a greater day, there's a hope that never fails"
There are pains, struggles, obstacles, and problems we face in life, everyday, we get hurt, and life is never smooth sailing. There are so many times where i just want to give up, move on, and i've started to truly realize the joy in whats in store for me in eternity. Like it says in the song, no weeping, pain or suffering. God holds us in all our trials and tribulations. We live this life to glorify God, but we already know the final result, which is our salvation.

Christ is Risen
"Christ is risen from the dead, trampling over death by death."
"O death, where is your sting? O hell, where is your victory?"
That bridge was so empowering for me when i first heard the song, whenever i sing it, I'm practically singing it at the devil, telling him off, telling him that we've won, that we're victorious and that he can't get the best of us. God has defeated death, with death, he defeated Satan, he created the world. And he's on our team. We're unstoppable.

We sing the songs we sing during worship,
But are we realizing whats behind the words?

verse of the day: Psalm 59:16-17

16 But I will sing of your strength, 
    in the morning I will sing of your love; 
for you are my fortress, 
    my refuge in times of trouble.
17 You are my strength, I sing praise to you;
    you, God, are my fortress,
    my God on whom I can rely.

Comments

Popular Posts