arrivals,



Arrivals, 
Returning Home,
The Sense of Familiarity and Comfort. 

Something about the airport is just amazing. Going to pick up my uncle and his family, I don't know why it fascinates me so much. Something about getting in a plane, taking off, or touching down in a place called home. Home sweet home. 

To be honest, heading to China in a few days, I'm not excited at all. Honestly speaking, I'm probably most excited for getting on a plane, but after today, what I'm looking most forward to is arriving. Back home. The feeling after a trip, gathering your luggage, coming out to the ones you love, back in a familiar and comfortable atmosphere. I can't wait. 

At the same time, this "home" we're coming back to is our temporary home, as Carrie Underwood sings it. This earth we live on is just a place we're "renting out" or "currently residing in". Returning to this home that our Father has prepared for us even more exciting. It's been recently where I've really started to see the joy in heaven, eternal life, where sin, pain, struggles and tears are absent, and only joy, love and happiness remains present.  

As we live this life, strive for only things that are eternal because they will last and not fail you. Relationship, people, things will fade away, but God's love and promises hold forever true. May our true home be the hope we have, may it be that light at the end of our tunnel. 
 

Sooner or later, we'll be boarding that final plane to heaven. It's then, when we arrive, we can step out and say, "I'm home."

verse of the day: Revelation 21:4
‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

Comments

Popular Posts