role modelling.


Role model. As followers of Christ, we need to be good representatives of him, constantly reflecting Him. I've never really looked at myself as a role model, but the past year, there have been people that have told me that they look up to me. It was a shock. Why would you look up to me out of all people? What is it about that you admire? Why me?

Although i continue to question myself, over and over, knowing that there are people that look up to me, its different. Because there are people looking up to me, i have to put on my A-game like never before. I try my best to set that good example for them, in hopes that those who look up to me will learn and be influenced to do the same.

But it was today when I felt the pressure of being this role model. I want to set that example for others, especially for those younger than me, but today i felt like, for me to do that, i had to be perfect and have no flaws. I love it when I have people that support me, and that i can support, where there's a two way accountability, but sometimes its hard when you tell others to not give up (for instance), and then the next second talk about giving up. We can't be two faced, and we can't go against our word. But at the same time, you are dealing with your own struggles and you want to give up, yet today i felt like i couldn't share with anyone because it would make me look bad as a role model. So how do you balance that?

I do realize that being a role model doesn't mean perfection, but its hard to set a good example when you don't live up to what you say/do? Does that make sense?

Christ is the perfect example we should all be looking up to. We are humans, we fail and we stumble. There isn't anything wrong with looking up to one another, but we have to know that none of us are perfect. Set your eyes on Christ, the greatest example.

verse of the day: 1 Timothy 4:12
12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 

Comments

Popular Posts