Immanuel



in times of trouble,
He is with me.
in times of pain and sorrow,
He is with me.
in times of confusion and frustration,
He is with me.


something dropped today, something just dipped into the abyss of negativity. something happened today, at two o clock, all of a sudden, a stress bomb was dropped on me. I don't know how, i don't know why, but i had a panic attack. Doing math review for a test the next day where i barely understood most of the concepts fully, and thinking about the unprepared french presentation in the next fifteen minutes. I was freaking out, i was scared, i was nervous, i was worried.


to be honest, i totally forgot to abide in God, i continued to think i could do it by myself, and as the day went on, it was just a downhill slide. i started to lose motivation, i lost confidence, negative thoughts were thrown around in my mind, and i didn't know what to think. i felt like a failure, i felt like a "nobody". who's standing with me if I'm not standing for myself?


He is with me. I was reminded this morning, but it never soaked in, and after 24 hours, here i am, being reminded once again that God is with me. I need to remind myself that God is stronger, God is my fortress and my rock, a firm foundation i can stand on and lean on. Not matter what I'm going through, that he's holding my hand, firmly and will not let go. He is with me always. Yesterday, today and tomorrow.


learning to give up my life to Christ,
he knows best, and he's by my side every step of the way.


verse of the day: Exodus 33:14
14 The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

Comments

Popular Posts