Goodbyes.


Season 3 of Glee came to a conclusion tonight with their season finale as the graduating class graduated, said their goodbyes, and walked away from McKinley High once and for all. Its so relevant to me right now because as we watched them complete their last year of high school, I'm in their exact same spot, going through prom, applying, waiting and getting those response letters, and finally graduating. They said their goodbyes tonight, and I came to realize that soon, it'll be my turn as well.

I honestly don't know how ready I am. Parts are me are ready to go, I'm ready to move on from high school and hit the uncharted waters known as university, I'm ready to be set free from the restrictions at home, and be exposed to new found freedom as i learn to live independently. While at the same time, leaving the comfort of home, my sweet bed, but more importantly, the people i love, that last chance to say goodbye and part our separate ways, i don't know what'll happen. AGAPE has most definitely played one of the biggest roles in my life the past four years, meeting new people, making lasting friendships, and building that spiritual growth and maturity in my walk with Christ. Its made a lasting impact and imprint on my life that will forever be a piece of me.

This chapter of my life is slowly running out of pages, as the next portion takes its start, i can't slow anything down, and i can't stop anything, i have a limited time, and everything is numbered.

God has a plan for each one of us. It may involve something we don't want, but his plan is greater. I have to continue to learn to put more faith in Him. Even at ACUPE on Friday, after the night ended, i realized that i didn't rely on Him enough, i tried to take everything upon myself. We have let go completely. Why can't I put trust in the one who created the universe, the one that holds me up with his victorious righteous right hand?

As the numbers continue to count down,
As we prepare to pack up and go,
As we say goodbye to what the past few years have been,
How will we continue to trust God and remember that he knows?

On the topic of people and goodbyes, i have to thank all those people who have supported me, made my smile, brought joy into my life and have made me who i am. Where would i be without you.

verse of the day: Philippians 1:3
I thank my God every time I remember you. 

Comments

Popular Posts