Tithing Your Time



Tonight at fellowship we watched a video, and the overall message was about devoting your life back to Christ, offering it all because he gave it all to us. Throughout the night, i felt moved, i felt convicted about what the speaker had to say. Here are just my quick thoughts that i'd like to share. And I also challenge you to take on the challenge listed below.

Challenge: give one week to tithe your time to The Lord, that's two and a half hours everyday. 

Reflection: why is it that immediately I started to question? Make excuses? It's too long? I can't do it? Where will I fit it in? I began to try to find a way out of it. If Jesus is truly worthy of all my trusts, plans and affections, why is it so difficult to give my time? What is holding me back? Stopping me from doing so? By saying so, I'm putting my own desires and wants ahead. I keep thinking, "I'm already doing enough already am I not? Devotions, prayer and periods of silence, why is God asking for more?" What will get me to do this? What do I need to realize? Jesus should be worth so much more than just two and a half hours a day. God gave his only son for you and you cannot even give him a tenth of your day? I should be more invested in The Lord then in anything else. Can you give God what is most precious to you?


verse of the day: Proverbs 11:24
24 One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.

Comments

Popular Posts