Post-Urbana (Re-Entry)

Before heading back from Urbana, I spent a bit more time reflecting about what I would take out of my experience, how I would deal with the re-entry process, especially after the overwhelming week and what I could apply to the new year that is upon us. So here are a few things I'd just like to share, just to keep myself accountable or as a simple reminder to do.

- book club with a friend, we bought the series "The Good and The Beautiful" (God, Life and Community) by James Bryan Smith. I hope to be able to take it slow, read one chapter a week and have  weekly discussions with my friend over skype or something.
- try the manuscript bible study for devotions, going through observations, questions and analysis.
- practicing whole hearted worship. I was able to experience this at Urbana, and i just hope to practice devoting my full heart and life to God in worship, letting go of any worries or insecurities.
- evangelism, that's what Urbana was all about, so i hope i can really step out of that comfort zone of mine and share the great news of Christ with others. (Here's a risky resolution, to share the love of Christ with one person every month of the year.)
- refer and remember the decision card i've made, the commitments and the accountability
- remembering to live fully for God alone, trusting him in the big and the small.

verse of the day: Colossians 2:6-7
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

Comments

Popular Posts