The Joy in Pain

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. - 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
This verse was given to me from a good friend of mine when I was having a rougher time in my life and it really was extremely encouraging and reassuring. Just read the verse outloud and let it sink in. God's grace is sufficient for me. God's power will rest on me in my weakness and in my times of pain. We rejoice in our sufferings for God. Our earthly weaknesses are to be the platform for demonstrating the Lord's power and grace.

Do you delight in your weaknesses? in insults, hardships, persecutions and difficulties? It sounds extremely tough to find joy when you're beat down or having a rough time, but God tells us to delight in such things. I've slowly learn to rejoice in my own problems and hardships because I've learnt to realize that those were specifically given to me for a reason. And I hope to use them for God's glory, whether if it is in the comforting of others, or giving advice, or just sharing and relating with them.

The only issue I have with it is that I've always wanted to have overcome a certain hardship before I share it, so there's a success story behind it, but sometimes that isn't the case. We should share and be open to one another in the midst of our weakness so that we can be support, encouraged and comforted by God, by our brothers and sisters in Christ.

I challenge you to find joy in your trials and pains. Give it up to God and let him show you the blessing that is hidden within it. Only God's grace is sufficient.

verse of the day: 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Comments

Popular Posts