Well With My Soul

Tumblr_m0fpr7uksn1qcjxm7o1_400_large

I really loved that song we sang today. It is well with my soul. And I think that i realized something today during the sermon. As Christians, we know that once we believe that we are saved, we have been given salvation and when we are done with our purpose on earth, we will be in heaven, a place without pain, tears or suffering for eternity.

I remember during my baptism interview, i was asked the question, "if you were to die now, would you go to heaven or hell?". I remember answering hell, because I knew of the things i've done, and i was never fully sure of the whole forgiveness idea. How do you know if you're really forgiven?

What I realized today in the sermon is that I really am truly saved. I have believed. My name is written in the book of life, and salvation is already mine! I will be going to heaven to meet with my Lord and Saviour, my spot is secured and he has made a place for me. As long as I continue to have faith in Him, and live my life as a pleasing offering to God and not stray away into the things of this world, im saved.

Finally realizing this and truly embracing it, i couldnt help but smile. Singing that song, i can honestly sing and believe the lyrics, that All is Well With My Soul.

verse of the day: Ephesians 1:13-14
13 And now you have also heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago. 14 The Spirit is God’s guarantee that he will give us the inheritance he promised and that he has purchased us to be his own people. He did this so we would praise and glorify him.

Comments

Popular Posts