admirable move.

Aouzzj2ceaaf_cc_large

"may the odds be ever in your favor"

Happy Hunger Games everyone! I was lucky enough to have been able to go watch the exciting film with my fellow AGAPE friends tonight, and what a movie. There are so many things i can say about it, but there's something else i want to address. This whole process started a month ago (i think) when we booked tickets and reserved an entire row. Everyone was so excited and hyped up for it and there were so many people that wanted to come as well, but we couldnt get all of them to come with because they asked too late. My post today is titled admirable move because two things happened that I've been thinking about a lot lately.

First off, this week, I was talking to the friend who booked all the tickets for us, who I am so thankful for and i was asking her if she was excited, and she told me she wasnt going... I was so curious as to why she wasnt going to come with us, and it turns out that she gave her ticket away. I was stunned. Absolutely stunned. How could someone so generously give away their ticket like that? It was opening weekend, it was with 12 other friends, it was gonna be one heck of a night! And she gave it up for one of the newcomers to our fellowship. Wow. I couldnt believe it. Admirable Move.

Second, since she didnt come, she gave all the tickets to her friend who came with us today. And since she had all the tickets, she had to give them to us as we came in. I remember, it was 7:25 and they needed to go to the washroom, so i happily took their place, and as I waited, i realized the movie was going to start in 5 mins, and with 6 other tickets, i started to get impatient. One of the six friends came, and when the two friends came back from the washroom, i was ready to go inside. As the commercials went, and as the movie started, they two girls still didnt come in yet. Again, i thought to myself, wow, they're giving up the time and money they spent to watch this movie, and because they took on the role as the "ticket giver", they took it on with full seriousness and commitment. They waited outside and came in 5 mins into the movie. Another admirable move.

Reflecting on it, I realized how selfish I was. I dont think I could have done it if I were in their place. I honestly admire how sacrificial and selfless they were. Thinking about it, thats exactly what God did, but instead of giving up a movie ticket to see the hunger games, he gave up eternal happiness, a kingdom, a throne, and his only son for us. Even in the movie, Katniss sacrificed and risked her life to save what was important to her, her friends. Thats the most admirable move of them all.

verse of the day: John 15:13
13 There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

Comments

Popular Posts