more joy

3ff6dc2f7c5c4ac8ea6d707f21c8805d_large

Yesterday, before my driving lesson, i quickly ran to subway to grab lunch because i was too lazy to cook and there wasnt anything at home to eat. The main story is in the line at subway there was just a lot of drama going on. The two people before me, one had all these complications and requests and the construction worker behind her got fired up and they started arguing, and in the end she let him go first. While i was making my order, a family comes in with a boy who was loud. Not in an annoying way, just expressing himself a lot. "Wow, is that my sandwich?" "That's beautiful!". It really made my day. He was so adorable and just radiating joy and happiness. He had no worries, he had no complaints, he was living his life a day at a time, enjoying every moment of it. Right before i went to pay, he said hi to me and i said hi back and told his mom that he's absolutely adorable. The first thing she said to me was "he has autism".

I didnt think that at all. After I paid, I left and on the walk home i started to think. Thinking about how much joy he has in his life. How happy he was. Even though he was autistic. I have no clue what he's gone through, rejection, or pain. The past day or two i've also been thinking about myself. About what i've gone though, from loneliness, to acting upon it, sinning, and im scared of what those things will lead to. But thinking about, i think God was really trying to speak to me within that 10 min time period. To rejoice, to live each moment with joy knowing we've been saved, we're forgiven and we're loved.

Having faith in God, and believing that He has saved us has secured us a spot in heaven. Now we have to continue to live out his name and his life to share the great news with others.

verse of the day: John 16:22
22 So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, andyour hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you. 23 In that day you will ask nothing of me. Truly, truly, I say to you, whatever you ask of the Father in my name,he will give it to you. 24 Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.

Comments

Popular Posts