endurance!

4_large

Everyone has their bad days. Today just so happened to be mine. I felt like the day was going to be okay, but as time passed, things just seemed to get worse. Hearing about 10238 summatives to be scheduled in one week, just that mood of not wanting to work grow, slipping into the traps of the Devil.

Im so glad that i have support and people checking up on me. Its the greatest feeling. I was able to email one of my great friends who i can put my trust in. Just simply having people to vent to and someone to listen is quite the relief.

Endurance. Life was never promised to be an easy breeze. Each and everyday we have to push ourselves forward. Some days may pass easier than others, but life is life. There will be problems, there will be mistakes, there will be flaws, mistakes and struggles, but we must endure.

2 Timothy 4 talks about running this race, this enduring race. It never ends. We are in a constant lifelong battle with the devil. Like it says "7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful." Can you say that this reigns true in your life and will continue to do so?

We will all slip up. Its okay. But we must repent, turn back to God knowing he's already waiting for you with open arms, in overflowing love for you. Confess and you will be forgiven.

Although my day was messy and thrown around, God has new mercies on us each day, and I promise that i will not fall behind, and will keep running this race until the end for my Lord my God has gave up his son for me. Im grateful and blessed.

verse of the day: Hebrews 12:1-2
1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. 2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.

Comments

Popular Posts