One.

399489_368642146482460_100000100325670_1852574_706369782_n_large

The past month i've really focused on whats been going on around me, and seeing God work in my life, may it be signs and things going on in my life. But i feel like, we need to indulge in the word more. The scripture is where its at, and its the truth. So im trying to focus my devotionals more on the word, than life occurrences, or Christian books.
The Parable of the Lost Sheep

1 Now the tax collectors and sinners were all gathering around to hear Jesus. 2 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”

3 Then Jesus told them this parable: 4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

The Parable of The Lost Coin

8 “Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? 9 And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ 10 In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

luke 15:1-10

This is found right after the portion about "The Cost of Discipleship" and before "The Parable of The Lost Son". And when reading this at first, i really didnt know what it meant, i had an urge to move to some other passage, but in the end, something caught on.

Yesterday, i went out for dinner with my grandmother, and it just so happened that i bumped into an old friend, who i havent seen for 2-3 years even thought we've tried to meet up. And it was his birthday too! We texted throughout dinner, catching up, and it was nice just glancing up at him and exchanging smiles. I havent seen him in so long, i've missed him, his company, and his presence.

After dinner, i got to chat a bit more in person, but we continued to text for the rest of the night. And we started to share. Im really surprised with how much he opened up and how much he trusted me. The fact that we havent talked and met up in a long time, and that he still has this trust in me really said something. With his sharing, i realized and saw that he really indulged into worldly things. I remember that he used to go to church, but he left. I tried to talk to him about it, see his views on it, without seeming too "holy" and condemning him. I tried to speak in love, and it was really hard.

Knowing that he's far away, that its hard to talk and be there for him, i hope that our texts did speak up to him, hopefully he'll find alternative resolutions to the things he does. All i can do is pray. Like the passage above, it talks about how when a sinner comes to Christ, there is more joy and celebration, then 1000 righteous people without repentance. I thought of him when i read this. To be honest, i dont know how i can impact him and share God's love and grace to him. It seems impossible.

I guess trusting in God is the way to go with this one. Hoping that he will be somehow spoken to, and transformed from within to see God's love and mercy to see that the things of this world dont last and to receive the greatest gift of all. Please pray for him for me!

Every single child of God that comes running back to the Father is a great celebration and a great time. I hope we can all help those around us, by shining and living as lights of the world.

verse of the day: Luke 15:7
7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

Comments

Popular Posts