competition?

Tumblr_ly0v30krqo1qb9uyvo1_500_large

Whoever loves their OWN FATHER and MOTHER MORE than Christ is not worthy of God. One may ask, why is God so mean, that we cant even love our parents? And it goes on to say even our sons and daughters?

Reading my devotionals today, it put this verse into a different perspective. The overall lesson was competition and priorities. Within your heart, you only have one spot. One reigning spot that rules all. As Christians, Christ should be in that spot. But sin is very tempting sometimes. And there are other things that may fill up that hole. May it be a relationship, or a sexual desire, pride, materialism, or greed, something will fill the hole.

What's in your heart? Is there something competing with Christ for that? I love the last verse, whoever does not take up the cross cannot follow me. We've stated before, being a Christian is hard. Its a commitment. Its like marriage. Life long (but this relationship with God is longer than that). You have to be +100% dedicated to him. Nothing should be competing with Him. He is the creator, he is the king of kings, how is it that the latest apple gadget or yourself can beat that? The one that loves you, gave up His son for you? Why is this even a fight? He should be way up the scale. I dont know my answer either. I dont think i've fully realized the degree of love, and sacrifice the gospel is yet. It hasnt fully hit me yet.

There should be NO competition between Christ and the things of this world. He lasts, worldly things fade.

verse of the day: Matthew 10:37-38
37 Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.38 And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Comments

Popular Posts