constant reminders.

Tumblr_lz8c6cic851r67gr7o1_500_large

Im sure you all have heard. Whitney Houston has passed, today. One of the legends and greatest vocalists of all time. And to me, its just another smack and another reminder.

Im constantly taking life for granted. Seeing this death, its probably one thats making a bit more of an impact on me. Confession: I didnt really listen to MJ, or Amy Winehouse, and even Whitney, but all these people passing, its just crazy. This one was more shocking because it was so out of the blue, so sudden, and she was only 48. Finding out while watching The Vow.

Thinking about it, what if i went to sleep tonight, and woke up, checking twitter to find out that one of my closest friends passed away. Just typing it right now, my heart hurts. I cant even stand to think about losing someone who i love. I just cant even think about it.

And thinking even further now, this is similar to the gospel. That God sent his ONE and ONLY son to die. It wasnt even sudden, it was planned, it was what was wanted. That someone COULD even LET someone that dear to them pass? That must have been horribly painful for our Father.

God is constantly sending these reminders that life is short, and to live it out each day. I dont think i will fully understand until it happens to me.

verse of the day: James 4:13-14
13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— 14 yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.

Comments

Popular Posts