impact.

Tumblr_lxhz1dgmuf1r2wv2do1_500_large

I watched The Vow last night, and the opening bit talked about impact. how moments of impact make up the experiences and ultimately make up who we are and our lives.

I have to say this week was all about impact for me. I've been able to open up a lot more lately, and just share with my friends about my struggles, my pains and my obstacles. And i think community is extremely important in our faith. To have people to talk to, to have people to share with, be transparent with.

"The Christian community is a community of confession, accountability, encouragement, and rebuke" - Tim Chester

And talking with these people, they started talking about me, and they told me that they looked up to me. I was blown away. I have no clue, and i was just not expecting it. I keep thinking, why would they pick me out of everyone they know, what about me is so "worth" looking up to? It amazes me, and i've never thought that i could have impacted others in such a powerful way, as a influence (positively im hoping) and as a role model. It motivates me to push forward in my faith and to continue to set that example for them. I dont want to wavier and lead them the wrong way.

Maybe there's someone looking up to you. Where are you leading them?

At the same time, talking to other people, digging deeper, its transforming. To be honest, im quick to judge, but lately being transparent, seeing others on a deeper level, i realize how mature they are, that i'd never thought they had. Im so happy that they have perspectives and think that way. I pray for them every day and im glad that they're right with God.

I hope that in life i can be someone people can turn to and talk to. Someone friendly and welcoming, ready to listen, talk, question, advise (well hopefully). I hope people can put their trust in me and i hope that i can be of help.

Impact. You are a person, you are a piece in someone's life. How great your impact is, that is your decision. Positive or negative, that is based completely from your actions and behaviour.

verse of the day: Titus 2:7-8
7 Show yourself in all respects to bea model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, 8 andsound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us.

Comments

Popular Posts