Journey: Guangxi


two days until departure.

I've said in previous posts, I'm not looking forward to this trip. Im not excited either. Im gone from July 4th - August 15th, that a month and a half. I come home to two weeks left to spend with the people i love. That was heavy on my heart the past few days/weeks, and i was worried, scared for the change to come. I didn't want anything to be different. I was content where i was, and i was fearing the unknown.

Today we had the privilege of going to the English Service for a send off/prayer with the congregation. Even then, i was thinking, "really, my last sunday and I'm missing my youth service?" but i found peace in my heart, sitting with the older university friends i had, and singing and worshipping together in this new environment, this was where this change was going to be like, and i was okay with it. Not only that, but when we were called up, and we were prayed for, immediately afterwards, i felt reassured. I don't know what it was, maybe the fact that i looked out into the congregation, and knowing we had their love, support and prayers was comforting. Once off stage, i felt different, i felt ready, i was ready to leave, ready to step out of that comfort zone and to take on whatever God had ahead of me.

Back in Youth Service, they were talking about time, about God's planning, and i don't know, but it was most definitely God's planning for this today. Feeling reassured and comforted. I know that wherever i go, God is on my side, and although there are friends and they're great, the truth is that i can't rely on them all the time. God is eternal, God is powerful, God is my rock and my foundation. He knows whats best for me, and he will always give me something better than i can get myself.

As i continue to prepare for departure, i pray that i will be able to indulge more into his word, be able to be equipped against Satan and his works, and be willing whole-heartedly to serve our Almighty Father halfway across the world. Please pray for me and the team, for health, unity, safety and for the students as well, for open hearts to the gospel.

I'm ready.
Lord, send me.


verse of the day: Matthew 28:19-20
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Comments

Popular Posts