Helpless

Walking through the streets of Mong Kok, I came across this one area, a crowd encircled it, and curious to find out what it was, I walked up and peered through the sea of people. To my astonishment, I see a man, squatting with a box and an open suitcase. He had no forearms, and was sweating all over. When I realized what he was doing I was in complete awe. In his suitcase and box, he had colored clay, and working on the street, in the heat, flattening and rolling clay, he was making art. Within a quick 3-5 minutes, he was able to make a beautiful flower, wrapped and sprinkled with glitter.  I honestly couldn't feel anything but helpless. What could I do for the man? I gave him 10$, and just watched him work his magic.  But here was a man with true talent and putting it to work. God's given us gifts and talents to work with, and we need to use them to the fullest for God. Why would you not use something great you have? It's like having money to use but not spending it on something good/useful and just letting it sit there.  These gifts were hand picked and chosen by The Creator. They are compatible with your personality, routines, and we're crafted for the life God has planned out for you. Discover them, and use them.  Saying a prayer for the talented man, I walked away with a heavy heart, only wishing the best for him, that he may come to know Christ one day. 

Comments

Popular Posts