one of those days.


ever have one of those days?
where everything seems to go wrong.
like there's a cloud raining and hailing on your face.
just when you think you've hit the bottom, you start falling again.
today was a bad day.

Im not sure what it was, the first half was meh, doing laundry and studying, but as classes started, the downhill spiral just got worse and worse. They can be small simple things, but they can build up and just make it seem like the world is crashing down. Here's mine. It all started with my chemistry lab. Realizing i forgot my lab manual in res after getting to the lab room, i had six, seven minutes to go grab it and come back. Clearly it wasn't possible, and on the way there, it felt like as if i was going to have a heart attack. I ended up getting back in ten minutes, which wasn't that bad, but the ten minutes of running and stress really got to me, i could barely concentrate and focus throughout the entire lab. Just when we thought we were done, we were assigned a problem to finish and hand in before the end of the session. Everyone was stumped and we all had a hard time, and although we worked together and figured something out, it was frustrating and stressful. What kicked me in the stomach was during dinner, when i took my first bite, it was spicy. Did they get my order wrong? Did i put in the wrong sauce? But i had to just gobble it down because it was dinner, so just suck it up and eat. (wow, this sounds really lame, but it was apart of the fall) And during my meal, i think i whipped some sauce or something into my eye, so that wasn't the most exciting. After dinner, after my crazy lab experience, i looked at the time, looked at my list of things to do, and something came over me. I was just scared, i was confused and in a mess. I didn't know what to do. I had to worry about school, this application for a job i was trying to apply for, the midterms coming up next week, and the retreat I'm going on this weekend, and after all the crazy thoughts, i just couldn't handle it. After all that, it was just negative thought after negative thought, doubts about myself, feeling like a failure, i was beat down hard today.

But what i realized was that, we all have these days. These days where we feel like we're being beaten, like a failure, where negativity just seems to be looming over our heads. I think it was just Satan trying to get at me, or just me trying to get at me. But its just a day. It will pass, and when we wake up tomorrow, it will be a new day, for new opportunities and new experiences. You have to learn to push on. Breaking down, feeling lost is completely fine and normal, as long as you can stand back up on your feet and press forward. With God by our side, anything is possible, there's nothing to worry about. no matter how big the problem is, no matter how overwhelming something can get, you can pull through. Even when strength seems lost and no more, pray that God will give you that strength to keep going.

so when you're having one of these days, know that a better, brighter day is coming.
if you just push on.

verse of the day: Psalm 27:1-3

The Lord is my light and my salvation
    whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
    of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked advance against me
    to devour me,
it is my enemies and my foes
    who will stumble and fall.

Though an army besiege me,
    my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
    even then I will be confident.

Comments

Popular Posts