meeting the Big U.


#university

Here I am. Its day 6 at the University of Guelph, and ever since move in day, there have been so many thoughts running through my mind, and I'm going to use this post to let it all out on paper. University has definitely been the biggest change in my life so far, and it's overwhelming, nerve-wracking while exciting and different at the same time.

Responsibilities. When you transition into university, responsibilities are literally heaved on over to you overnight, after that first night, when you wake up, everything is now managed by yourself. From eating to sleeping, studying to exercise, finances and devotions, everything now is all you. Personally i found it overwhelming the days before coming, but once i got here and got organized, it isn't too bad as of now. But something i did struggle with was my spiritual life. The first day or two, i sort of lost it, wasn't doing devos, and still felt disconnected due to my summer trip as well. But I'm slowly picking it back up, i've been completing my devotions before bed, and i'll try to post it every now and then as well. I hope i can find a fellowship and a church to join soon because i forget about it completely.

Environment. This has definitely changed altogether. You cannot just walk downstairs, open the fridge and eat your breakfast in peace, there are influences, other people in your building now, and whether they be drinkers, or party-goers, you are influenced by the people you surround yourself by. Luckily, at Guelph everyone here is extremely nice, friendly and respectful, they won't pressure you into drinking, and still understand how to be considerate with others. Im praying that God will provide me a group of friends whom i can trust and rely on and be positive influences on me and my spiritual walk.

Thinking about it, the biggest concern with this new change and life is my spiritual walk. I personally feel that i can stay connected with Christ during these rougher times with all the influences surrounding me, but at the same time, i hope that the next four years will allow growth in my faith, instead of hiding it and being two faced about it.

In all times of trouble, God is with you.
In all times of success, God is with you also.
Remember to have God at all times, not only when you are desperately in trouble and have no one to turn to.

verse of the day: Mark 12:29-30
29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

Comments

Popular Posts