new home?


for the past few weeks, i've been trying out different fellowships and churches and ACF (Asian Christian Fellowship) was the first one i tried out. It really reminded me of home, with the asian faces, the program, how its oriented and planned, and i have to say I'm so glad to have met some of the people here. They've made me feel so welcomed, and at home.

I really appreciate those who have made the effort to approach me, whether in person, or on Facebook, and its just been getting more and more reassuring that this is the community i want to stick to for the next four years. Seeing the support and love so early on makes me so glad. I can already see great role models in the fellowship, people i can look up to, people who i could find that would keep me accountable.

I went to the Men's Cell tonight, and i have to say, although at first, i didn't really want to go, but I'm glad i got to go. We got to share a few testimonies, get to know each other more, and university is what you make of it. You have to make that effort to go out and meet new people, find people who you trust, and have a good warm community to surround yourself with. Those are the people who I'm looking for. Having left Agape after the past four years, and developing that community there, and starting a new slate is lots of work and frustrating too when you know you have what you need back home. But seeing and meeting these new faces, i feel like its worth the work and the initiative to get to know them.

Their retreat is coming up this weekend, and its a last minute, pretty rash decision, and again, if you don't take that step, you'll never get anywhere. Im still on the fence on going or not, but I'm sure sooner or later, i'll off that fence and end up going.

I love all the people i've met so far.
I can't wait to get to know them more.
I hope and look forward to calling ACF my second home, my second community.

verse of the day: Philippians 2:1-4
Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

Comments

Popular Posts