Why Not With God?

22647_252389109916_85023769916_3070635_7363533_n_large

This thought just popped into my mind.

Today i found was one of the most productive days i've EVER had academically, how much was good and will stay in my mind? i have no clue, but i was able to study 3/4 of my math course, and i completely my first round of studies. I couldnt believe it. I was blasting music, singing along, but i was surprised i wasnt tempted to check twitter, facebook, i wasnt even tempted to have breaks. Even times when i said "you deserve a break", i wouldnt, i was totally in the zone and the momentum contuinued to carry. Working from 11am - 8pm (with breaks of course, lunch and dinner, and my... occasional get up, dance and sing moments), it was extremely efficient and im so proud of myself.

But now sitting down, thinking about what to post, a question popped into my mind, why dont we spend this much time and put this much effort into our relationship with God? Why cant we do this with God? Is it cause we're not being marked? Because it doesnt impact our near-future? Because it's "old" and "boring"? Because we cant see Him? What's stopping us from spending a day with God, whether it be studying his word, or communicating through prayer? What is this barrier that is hindering us from doing this?

Quickly reflecting upon it right now, i actually dont know. I cant figure out why i am not able to do this with Christ? Im thinking maybe because its boring? The bible isnt fully placed in today's context, but there are so many things in there that we can learn from and need to understand. Maybe its because it happened so long ago? I know i struggle with this. Yes i know God died for me, but that +2000 years ago. It just doesnt fully feel relevant to me, like i dont feel the connection because it was just so long ago. I dont feel like i dont fully know God like how i know a friend, but that's partially my fault for not taking the time to know Him.

Think about it, what's really stopping you from doing that? Its kind of mind boggling, that we're able and willing and will even force ourselves to sit down and practice graphing squiggles on paper, and learn about how enzymes in our body's work, but not sit down and communicate with the Father, the Creator, the One that sent His Son down to earth to die for us?

just a thought.

verse of the day: Psalm 147:4-5
4 He determines the number of the stars
and calls them each by name.
5 Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit.

Comments

Popular Posts