"Here I Am, Send Me!"

Tumblr_lx394gjsfo1r7e9jfo1_500_large

Second Devo of the year!

So now its starting to become a mix, i've subscribe to Daily Hope by Rick Warren, so my posts may also come to here as well. And wow, perfect timing. This summer, im stuck in a conflict on missions. Here my dilemma in a nutshell.

The past two years i've done Day Camp/Overnight Camp as well as a Quebec missions trip and both years i've had so much fun, getting to know more people, working with kids, and it has impacted me so very much. I honestly LOVE working with kids, it brings genuine and true happiness into my life and i miss them so much. Now this year, i can go again with that route for the third year in a row, OR ive been asked to do a China's missions trip with my family, tagged along is also a vacation to HK/Japan/Korea, places like that. And I honestly dont know what to do. I feel like i should focus on family more this year.. but i feel like i cant give up my kids. At first i was planning to do missions according to Acts 1:8:
"But you will recieve power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all of Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
I was planning to do Urban Promise (gr 9), Quebec, OJ (gr 10), Belize/China (gr 11/gr 12). So basically starting small and going out and further. That makes sense right? But then my first year of OJ, one of the pastors said that maybe it should be the other way around, be more concentrated. Focus on ONE missions to build your relationship in that community, thats why i went to OJ again last year. So now what... :S

But today's devo was exactly about missions. Not really answering my question, but its a sign right?
Jesus Cleanses and Calls
by Jon Walker

“‘Woe to me!’ I cried. ‘I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips ... and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty.’ Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal ... which he had taken with tongs from the altar. With it he touched my mouth and said, ‘See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.’ Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?’ And I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’” (Isaiah 6:5–8 NIV)

One of the most effective tools the enemy will use to keep you from serving God this year is convincing you that you’ve either messed up too much or that you must clean up your life before you can get God’s attention. When these thoughts pop into your head, sniff the air for the scent of sulfur because they are lies straight from the fires of Hell!

God’s intention when he convicts us of our sins is not to condemn us; rather his breath of life disperses that satanic smoke the father of lies uses to keep us on the run from God.

If you follow the sequence of Isaiah 6, you’ll see how God initiates the process that brings you into his holy presence and purifies you to remain in his presence, and that your new guilt-free, sin-atoned status will compel you and prepare you for the unique mission God sets before you.

Isaiah reports that God’s fire is a cleansing fire that burns your guilt away and purifies you from sin, sealing within you the work of Jesus Christ. The prophet also suggests God’s ultimate purpose for cleansing us is to prepare us for mission: “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?’ And I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’” (Isaiah 6:8 NIV)

Prior to God taking the initiative to cleanse Isaiah, the prophet felt overwhelmed and unprepared for any mission on God’s behalf.

After the cleansing, Isaiah is energized with a desire to serve God.

If you are a believer in Jesus Christ, God has done the work of preparing you for whatever task he will ask of you. How will you seek God and his mission for you this year?
One of the most effective tools the enemy will use to keep you from serving God this year is convincing you that you’ve either messed up too much or that you must clean up your life before you can get God’s attention. - i think i've struggled with this, maybe not with the missions field, but with baptism (totally off topic i know). But i'd always think i'd need to be completely "pure" for me to get baptized, but i soon realized that baptism isnt some sign of you being pure, its just a proclamation of your commitment to Christ. Baptism is the next step of faith after accepting Christ when you're ready to tell the world that you're a Christ follower. After you get baptized, you dont all of a sudden become perfect either, life is still a journey and you'll still face obstacles, but with Christ and that commitment you have the power and the faith to carry on.

If you are a believer in Jesus Christ, God has done the work of preparing you for whatever task he will ask of you. How will you seek God and his mission for you this year? - i really dont know. i dont have much time either to make my decision. Im really bad at hearing God. When do you know if its just you talking, or if its the devil? How do you know when your thoughts/desires align with Christ? What is a sign from God and what is just a coincidence? i'll have to continue to pray for these signs and an answer, please pray for me too! :)

verse of the day: Mark 16:15
15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.

Comments

Popular Posts