The Fight

The world, especially the western world has become more and more invested in the idea of self, me, I. You can see it everywhere, its all about you, the iPod, the iPhone, iTunes, Apple definitely has it in the bag. We're starting to only think about ourselves, what we want, what we desire, what is best for us. Paul warns us in 2 Timothy 4 that people will eventually start twisting the truth to what they want to hear, to direct it back at themselves. Let us not follow that but go against it, knowing that we are here because of God, because of his love, grace and mercy, so we choose to follow Him.

When we end up changing our mindset to me me me, it becomes idolatry, idolatry of yourself, and it's sinful to have such a mindset. It's very easy to slip into temptation's grasp, but be reminded and encouraged to fight the good fight (v.7). To finish the race. I think it's okay if we mess up, we're not perfect and God loves and forgives us, but it calls to "fight" for a reason. Strive for that crown of righteousness, and if we finish the race, our Lord will reward us.

In all evil, whether it be money, sexual immorality, or idolatry, be reminded that only the Lord can and will rescue you, and he is the only way to our eternal hope, heaven.

verse of the day: 2 Timothy 4:18

18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts